Added by Kawaling Pinoy
Make this restaurant favorite at home! Salt and Pepper Pork chops are full of flavor and super tender using one cooking technique.
- 4 bone-in pork chops, about 1/2-inch thick
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 pieces jalapeno, cut thinly
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Rinse the pork chops and pat dry. With a sharp knife, make a few small cuts around the band of fat.
- In a large bowl, combine egg white and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Whisk well until frothy.
- Add pork chops and marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Add cornstarch and toss to fully coat pork chops. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat about 3-inches deep of oil to about 350 F 375 F.
- Add pork chops and deep-fry, turning as needed, for about 5 to 7 minutes or until golden, crisp and cooked through. With a slotted spoon, remove pork chops from pan and drain on a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the frying oil.
- In a wide pan over medium heat, heat the reserved 2 tablespoons reserved oil.
- Add garlic and cook until lightly browned.
- Add jalapenos, green onions, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring regularly, for about 30 seconds.
- Add deep-fried pork chops and toss for about 30-40 seconds.
- Serve hot.
Get Printable Recipe and Tips: https://www.kawalingpinoy.com/chicken-halang-halang/
- Pork chops