Spare Ribs with Ketchup and Pineapple are easy to make and sure to be a family favorite. Hearty and delicious with a sweet and tangy sauce, it's perfect with steamed rice!
- 2 pounds pork spareribs, cut into 2-inch cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 thumb-size fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained and juice reserved
- 1 cup pineapple juice (from the canned pineapples)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup banana ketchup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup of water
- Season spare ribs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Extract juice from grated ginger and discard the pressed ginger.
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple juice (reserved from the canned pineapples), soy sauce, banana ketchup, and ginger juice.
- Add spare ribs and massage the marinade into the meat. Marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Drain meat well and reserve liquid.
- In a pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add spareribs and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned.
- Add reserved marinade and water and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and cook for about 40 to 50 minutes or until meat is fork-tender and the sauce is reduced.
- Add pineapple chunks and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve hot.
Get Printable Recipe and Tips: https://www.kawalingpinoy.com/spare-ribs-ketchup-pineapple