This garlic sauce was one of my favorites before I become a vegan. And since the original - from a restaurant called "Jeronimo" - contains eggs, I decided to create the same recipe, only 100 percent vegan.
I use cashews as an egg substitute and you can't even tell the difference.
- - 2 cups Cashews
- - 1 cup Water
- - 1 tsp Garlic powder
- - 1 tbsp Onion powder
- - 1 tbsp dried Parsley
- - 1 tsp dried Mint
- - Salt
- - 1/2 tsp Nutmeg (optional).
- - 1/2 Lemon Juice (optional).
- - Let the cashews soaking for 8 hours.
- - Mix the cashews and water until you get an even mixture.
- - Add the dried garlic and onion.
- - Mix all the ingredients again.
- - Add salt as you like.
- - Now it’s the time to add all the optional ingredients if you like. If not, skip this step.
- - Add the parsley and the dried mint.
- - Mix a little bit more, just so that the final ingredients are well mixed with the rest.