Added by Bigger Bolder Baking
BIG Muffins. BIG Chocolate flavor. Make my Best-Ever Bakery-Style Double Chocolate Chip Muffin
- ½ cup (2 ½oz/71g) all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (1 ⅓oz/37g) cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup (4oz/115g) bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup (4floz/115ml) oil (canola, veg, sunflower, coconut)
- ⅔ cup (4oz/115g) dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (2 ½oz/71g) plain yogurt, room temperature
- ½ cup (3oz/85g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a 12 cup muffin pan with 9 paper liners.
- In a bowl, sieve together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, melt the ⅔ cup chocolate. You can do this gently in the microwave or over a bain-Marie.
- Once the chocolate has cooled, whisk in the oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and yogurt.
- Into the chocolate mixture, fold in the 1/2 cup chocolate chips and the bowl of dry ingredients until just combined. Take care not to over mix this batter as it will toughen the muffins.
- Spoon the batter into the 9 prepared liners, filling them to the top. Top each muffin with a few extra chocolate chips.
- Bake for roughly 17-18 minutes. Take care not to over bake or your muffins will be dry. You want the muffin to still be a little soft when you press on top.
- Once cooled store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 days
Full recipe: http://bit.ly/BakeryDoubleChocolate
- Dessert Recipes