KFC Colonel's Cracklin' Gravy Recipe Test #1 We're trying to recreate an approximation of "Colonel Sanders Original Cracklin' Gravy" as he might have made it prior to selling the US restaurant chain in 1964. The recipe probably continued on in the Canadian restaurants until the Colonel's death in 1980.
- 125 mL (½ cup) cracklings strained from the pressure cooker
- 60 mL (¼ cup) breading flour (with spices)
- 250 mL (1 cup) milk
- 250 mL (1 cup) chicken stock
- 60 mL (¼ cup) cup 35% cream
- Pepper to taste
- Heat the cracklings medium heat.
- Add the flour and stir continuously until the flour is lightly browned.
- While whisking pour in the milk, stock, and cream, continue stirring until it begins to thicken.
- Add extra pepper to taste.
- Bring to a low boil, and serve.
- Sauce Recipes