Added by Serg
This casserole combines all the hearty, savory flavors of a baked potato.
Loaded Baked Potato Casserole
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
- Total: 1 hr 35 min
- Active: 35 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Level: Easy
Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 slices bacon, cut 1/2-inch thick
- 2 1/4 pounds russet potatoes (about 4), scrubbed clean and cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and spray a 3-quart casserole dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until brown and crispy, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings.
- Put the potatoes into the prepared casserole dish.
- Toss with the reserved 2 tablespoons bacon drippings, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Roast until the potatoes are soft and begin to brown, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the cream cheese and 1 cup Cheddar in a bowl until well combined.
- Dollop over the potatoes, then sprinkle with the remaining cup Cheddar and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the potatoes are completely cooked through when poked with a knife, 13 to 15 minutes.
- Dollop the sour cream evenly over the casserole and sprinkle with the scallions and bacon pieces.
- Potato casserole