This Loaded Baked Potato Casserole with Chicken is my most popular on the blog and on Pinterest. Make ahead and freeze for later, or have it for dinner tonight!
- 2 Pounds — Baby potatoes Approximately 15-20 potatoes
- 1 Whole — Pre-cooked Rotisserie Chicken Meat removed and shredded
- 1 Pound — bacon sliced crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 12 oz bag — Frozen Broccoli Warmed in microwave or stovetop
- 1 Bunch — green onions Sliced crosswise, white and green parts
- 1/2 cup — chicken broth
- 2 Cups — sour cream
- 2 Cups — Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon — Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon — Pepper
- 1/2 — salt
- While the potatoes are cooking, cook bacon pieces in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, approximately 5-7 minutes. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate. Reserve bacon grease.
- Turn oven on to 375 degrees. Boil potatoes in a large pot in heavily salted water until fully cooked and tender throughout approximately 20 minutes. Drain. Grease a large 9"x13" baking dish with either butter or vegetable spray. Place cooked potatoes in the baking dish in a single layer. There should be a little space between each potato. Using the bottom of a drinking glass, lightly press down on each potato, smashing it about halfway. The bottom of the baking dish should be fully covered when all of the potatoes are smashed. Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of the reserved bacon grease over the potatoes.
- While the potatoes are boiling, mix together shredded chicken, cooked bacon (except about 2 tablespoons for garnish on the top), heated broccoli, and green onions (except 2 tablespoons for garnish on top). Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix well. Put this mixture on top of potatoes and spread evenly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chicken broth, sour cream 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese, paprika, pepper, and salt until well blended. Spread this mixture on top of the chicken mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes until heated through. Remove foil and top with remaining bacon, cheese, and green onions, then bake another 5-10 minutes to fully melt and brown the cheese. Remove from oven and scoop into serving bowls.
Full recipe: https://thespicyapron.com/recipe/loaded-baked-potato-casserole-with-chicken
- Casserole Recipes