This Macaroni and Beef Casserole is like a homemade Hamburger Helper this is so much better tasting. It also has cheese in it. You can have dinner ready in an hour.
- 1 and 1/2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup onions
- 1/4 cup celery
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 8 ounces of tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan or more
Bring salted water to boil and boil your macaroni five minutes.
Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking, set aside.
Heat a skillet over medium heat, add your oil and cook your onions, celery and green bell pepper.
Add your garlic and round beef, salt, pepper, itlaian seasoning and parsley. Cook till no longer pink.
Add your tomato sauce and cook five more minutes, then set aside.
Put your mixture into a 9 X 13 baking dish.
Start your sauce:
Melt 2 Tablespoons butter with your flour and some salt.
Cook for two minutes and add your nutmeg and cayenne and milk. Cook till thick, about five minutes.
Add your cheese.
Pour sauce over your meat mixture. Add your parmesan and bake 35 minutes to heat everything back up @ 350F
Thank you for watching!
- Casserole recipes with ground beef