Added by Serg
- Moong dal – ½ cup (100 grams) (soaked)
- Condensed milk – 1 cup (250 grams)
- Ghee – ½ cup (100 grams)
- Cashews nuts – 10 to 12
- Almonds – 10 to 12
- Pistachios – 1 tbsp
- Green cardamom – 6 to 7
- 1. Rinse and soak the moong dal in water for 2 hours.
- 2. Finely chop the cashews, almonds and pistachios. Stone grind the green cardamom seeds.
- 3. For making the halwa, grind the soaked moong dal into little course paste without adding water.
- 4. Heat a non-stick pan with some ghee to the wok and save little for later use. As the ghee melts, add ground dal to it. Now stir and continue stirring until the dal turns golden brown in color. Keep the flame medium.
- 5. When the dal turns golden brown and fragrant, add 1.5 cups of water to the dal and keep the flame to minimum.
- 6. Then add condensed milk and cook the halwa on low flame. Stir the halwa at regular intervals.
- 7. When the dal puffs up and turns fragrant, add chopped dry fruits and cardamom powder to the halwa. Stir to mix everything nicely.
- 8. Now the halwa has turned dense and thick in consistency, add some more ghee to it. Halwa is now done and ready, transfer it to a plate.
- 9. Pour some more ghee on the halwa as it tastes super scrumptious and garnish with some chopped dry fruits and pistachios. Super scrumptious and Moong dal halwa prepared with condensed milk is ready to serve. Store this halwa in refrigerator and relish eating for up to 3 to 4 days.
To enhance the color of halwa you can add some yellow food color to the halwa.