Added by Serg
- 1 cup moong dal
- Half cup sugar
- Desi ghee - half cup
- Dry fruits
- Soak the moong dal for about 4-5 hours.
- Now grind the moong dal in a food processor or grinder without using water.
- Add desi ghee in a pan and let it melt.
- After it melts, add grinded dal/pulses in the pan.
- Keep the flame at low.
- Roast the mixture.
- Prepare sugar syrup alongside by adding half cup sugar in a container.
- For each cup of dal, add 3 cups of water.
- You can also add elaichi powder in the sugar syrup.
- Now keep roasting the dal.
- 15-20 minutes later, it will start turning brown. Add more ghee.
- Also, add dry fruits at this point.
- Roast again.
- After 5 minutes, add sugar syrup, and turn the gas to low.
- Now keep mixing the mixture until the water evaporates and only halva is left.
- You can also add some food color if you want.
- Now halva is ready!
Hope you enjoyed!