Added by Evolving Communications Partners
- 1 tablespoon each of olive oil and butter
- 1 small red onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled and crushed
- 250g field mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g tub Chris’ French onion dip
- 1 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry thawed
- Preheat oven at 200°C and grease mini muffin pans.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large frying pan, add onion, garlic, mushrooms, and thyme and cook over low heat until onion is soft, the mushrooms are cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper, then set aside to cool completely.
- Cut each sheet of pastry into 16 small squares and use to line the mini muffin pans.
- Stir half the tub of Chris’ French onion dip and breadcrumbs into cooled mushroom mixture and place a heaped teaspoon into each pastry case.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until pastry is golden brown and puffed. Serve warm or cold topped with a spoonful of remaining French onion dip and dust of freshly ground black pepper.