Added by Nicko's Kitchen
- 3 eggs, separated
- 180g (3/4 cup) white sugar
- 50g (1/3 cup) self-raising flour
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 60g butter, melted, cooled
- 80ml (1/3 cup) passionfruit pulp, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, to serve
- So to start, into a large bowl add the superfine or caster sugar, the eggs and then whisk until pale and creamy.
- Then add the melted butter and whisk that in, now add the vanilla extract and self-raising flour - if you can’t find self-raising flour just use normal flour with baking powder added to it.
- Incorporate the flour well until you have a smooth cake batter consistency and then pour the batter into a greased pie dish.
- For the other part of the dish, into a bowl add the fresh passionfruit - you can use canned if you wish but the flavor just won’t be the same.
- Scoop out the flesh and place into a bowl, then add caster or superfine sugar, and finally boiling water.
- This syrup is going to make the cake almost like a self-saucing pudding, it will be really moist.
- Using a soup ladle, gradually & carefully add the mixture over the top of the batter until all the juice is gone.
- Then simply place into the oven at 180C or 350F for 25-30 minutes or until the top feels slightly firm.
To serve, scoop out the pudding and eat with cream drizzled over the top with extra passionfruit pulp. It is such a wonderful dessert for the whole family with enjoying that tastes hard any effort or time to make.
- Fruit Pizza