PAV BHAJI FONDUE - (Serves - 4)
- 5-6 brun pav, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small cauliflower, grated
- ½ cup green peas
- 1 medium capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated processed cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter + for topping
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1½ teaspoons red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons pav bhaji masala
- ½ tablespoon red chilli paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves + for garnishing
1. Heat butter and oil in a non-stick pan. Add onions and sauté till translucent.
2. Add ginger-garlic paste, mix and sauté for a minute. Add tomatoes and salt, mix well and cook till the tomatoes turn soft and pulpy.
3. Add chilli powder and pav bhaji masala, mix well, cover and cook for a minute. Add red chilli paste and little water, mix well, cover and cook till oil separates.
4. Add cauliflower, green peas and capsicum, mix well and cook for a minute. Add potato, mix well and cook for a minute.
5. Add salt and coriander leaves, mix well and cook for a minute. Add remaining pav bhaji masala and mix well. Add 1 cup water, mix and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Switch off heat and mash with a hand blender. Add water as required, to adjust consistency.
7. Heat another non-stick pan. Strain the prepared mixture into it and let it heat. Add mozzarella cheese and processed cheese and mix till the cheese melts.
8. Transfer the prepared cheese bhaji in the fondue pot, top with butter, garnish with coriander leaves and serve immediately with the pav pieces.