Added by Serg
- 250g Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 Cup | 125ml Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Peppermint Essence
- 150g White Chocolate Chips
- 150g Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2-3 Candy Canes
- Chop of break the dark chocolate up into small pieces and place into a medium sized bowl.
- Pour the cream into a heavy based saucepan and heat on medium heat until the cream just about boils.
- Remove the cream from the heat and pour over the chocolate and leave for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the cream and chocolate together until well combined with a spatula.
- Pour in the peppermint essence and mix again until combined.
- Cover and place the truffle mixture into the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- After 6 hours scoop out the chocolate using a cookie scoop and roll into balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper so the truffles don't stick.
- Place the truffles into the freezer for at least 30 minutes until firm.
- Melt the white and dark chocolate and dip the truffles in to coat. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes and leave to set before serving.
- Christmas recipes desserts