Added by Serg
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained and juices reserved
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 14 oz can La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 angel food cake
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- In a 4-quart pot combine 1 cup pineapple juice and cornstarch, whisk until well combined.
- Place the pot over medium-high heat.
- Add La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk and 1¼ cup heavy cream to the pot, whisk until well combined.
- Continue whisking and cooking until thick and creamy, about 5 minutes. Stir in crushed pineapple.
- Transfer to a large bowl, cover and let completely cool.
- Pour ¼ cup of heavy cream over cooled pineapple cream.
- Using a hand mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk heavy cream into pineapple cream.
- Cut angel food cake into three layers.
- Spread pineapple filling between layers.