I have never met a cutlet I didn’t like. But why should chicken have all the fun? Mix together boneless pork chops with a little egg and mustard (for added tang), and a thin layer of panko for that irresistible crispy coating and you have an amazing meal.
20 - 30 minutes
- 18 oz Yukon gold potatoes
- 1⁄2 oz Dijon mustard
- 1 oz panko
- 12 oz boneless pork chops
- savoy cabbage
- 3 oz shallot
- 1⁄2 oz fresh parsley
- kosher salt & ground pepper
- 1 large egg
- olive oil
- white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Boil potatoes: Scrub then cut potatoes into 2-inch pieces (no need to pretend transfer to a medium saucepan. Cover with 1-inch cold water, add 1 tablespoon salt and bring to a boil. Cook until tender when pierced with a knife, about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes.
- Set up a breading station: Meanwhile, whisk Dijon mustard and 1 large egg together in a shallow baking dish or bowl, and season with 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place panko in a 2nd shallow baking dish or bowl, and season with 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Bread cutlets: Pat pork dry and trim fat to 1⁄4-inch. Working 1 at a time, place pork between the 2 layers of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or heavy skillet, pound pork to 1⁄4– 1⁄2-inch thickness. Dip each cutlet in the mustard-egg mixture, then into panko, pressing so crumbs adhere. Set cutlets aside on a plate.
- Cook cabbage: Cut core and any brown edges from cabbage and discard, then cut leaves into 2-inch pieces. Halve shallot, then peel and cut into 1⁄2-inch wedges. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add shallots and 1⁄4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add cabbage and 3⁄4 cup water.
- Finish cabbage & potatoes: Cover skillet and cook until cabbage wilts, about 10 minutes. Stir in the potatoes, 1 tablespoon vinegar, and 1 tablespoon butter and toss until butter melts. Season to taste with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl. Pick parsley leaves from stems and add leaves to cabbage and potatoes, tossing to combine.
- Cook cutlets & serve: Wipe out skillet and heat 1⁄4 cup oil over medium-high. Cook cutlets until golden brown and just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Serve cutlets with warm cabbage and potato salad.
Full Recipe: http://lifetimevibes.com/pork-schnitzel-and-great-german-beers
- Pork Schnitzel