Added by Serg
- 2 ¾ tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons liquid red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon white vinegar
For the frosting
- 4 ounces salted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cocoa powder, coloring, and vanilla and stir to make a paste. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in the egg and mix until fluffy. Add the paste and mix until combined.
- Pour half of the flour mixture into the butter mixture and beat for 15 seconds. Pour half of the buttermilk into the butter mixture and beat for 15 seconds. Repeat with the remaining half of the flour and buttermilk.
- Add the white vinegar, baking soda, and salt into the batter and beat until just combined.
- Scoop into a pan lined with cupcake liners. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes at 350°F or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- To make the frosting: beat butter and cream cheese together until fluffy. Add vanilla and beat until just combined. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes.