The roast beef salad is a great hot appetizer. Tender, juicy beef goes well with spicy rocket, chanterelles and capers give the dish a special finesse, and the dressing with grainy mustard adds special aroma to the dish.
A quick variation: Buy pre-packed roast beef and green pesto. Mix this with a little lemon juice and olive oil. This salad version is much easier to prepare, but it equals the original in taste.
- 500 g of beef (fillet or shoulder)
- 200 g of rocket
- 10 big capers
- 2-3 large potatoes
- 200 g of butter
- 100 g of chanterelles
- 1 red onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons of grainy mustard
- Lightly beat the meat and rub it with butter.
- Fry meat on both sides for around 3 minutes, keep basting it with melted butter.
- Place meat for 30 minutes into the oven. Remove and let it breathe under a clean kitchen towel.
- Cut onion into thin rings.
- Boil potatoes and cut into big pieces.
- Fry potatoes pieces and mushrooms until golden brown.
- Melt 100 g of butter.
- Place melted butter into a glass.
- Add grainy mustard and season with salt and pepper according to taste. Close the glass and shake. Attention: Prepare the dressing directly before serving the salad. If the dressing is too thick, add 2 tbsp of warm vegetable oil and shake the glass
- Cut the meat into thin slices.
- Arrange rocket in the form of a ring on the plate.
- Distribute the ingredients in the middle.
- Add salad dressing. Serve warm.