Slice your sweet potatoes into rounds and roast them in the oven for a simple, yet elegant side dish for your Thanksgiving table.
For roasted potatoes
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 800-900g), peeled
- 1 tsp (3g) sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2g) cumin
- 3 tbsp (40g) olive oil
- Salt to taste
- pepper to taste
For candied bacon
- 4,5 slices of bacon
- 2 tbsp (30g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1g) cinnamon
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp (20g) chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs ( such as parsley, cilantro, thyme)
- 2 1/2 oz (75g) goat cheese
- candied bacon
- Prepare candied bacon. Preheat the oven to 350 F (180C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack on top of it. Mix the brown sugar with cinnamon and spread evenly on both sides of bacon, sprinkle with fresh ground pepper and place on the wire rack.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until bacon is caramelized. Bacon will crisp up as it cools. Chop it up into small bits.
- Prepare roasted potatoes. Preheat the oven to 425F (220C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.Slice potatoes into 1/3 inches (1 cm) thick rounds.
- In a large bowl combine sliced sweet potatoes with oil, salt, pepper, cumin and paprika.
- Spread the sweet potatoes on the sheet pan in a single layer without overcrowding them and bake for 30-40 minutes until beautifully browned. Flip the potato slices halfway through baking.
- For serving. Arrange potatoes on a platter and sprinkle with goat cheese, candied bacon bits and pecans. Finish with herbs. Serve warm.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
- Cooking in the oven