- 55g (80 mL / ⅓ cup) all-purpose flour
- 445g (750 mL / 3 cups) bread flour
- 10 mL (2 tsp) instant yeast
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) sugar
- 7 mL (1½ tsp) salt
- 45g (45 mL / 3 Tbsp) butter, softened
- 2 eggs (1 whole and 1 separated)
- 250 mL (1 cup) body temp water
- 45 mL (3 Tbsp) body temp milk
- Mix all ingredients; minus 1 egg white, in a stand mixer with the dough hook.
- Save the 'extra' egg white for later
- Once the dough forms a ragged ball; knead 15 minutes or so.
- Cover the bowl and let rise in a warm place 45 minutes.
- Stretch and fold the dough 6-8 times, recover and let rise another 45 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a un floured bench and divide it into 8 - 10 equals pieces.
- Shape each into a tight ball and place on a parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Cover loosely with a couch or tea towel and let rise for 1 to 2 hours (doubled in size).
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- Beat saved egg white with 1 Tbsp water and brush on top of buns.
- Bake, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
0:00 Welcome to how to make a Brioche Smash Burger Buns Recipe
0:50 Brioche Smash Burger Buns Recipe ingredients
2:44 Mixing the Brioche Smash Burger Buns Recipe
3:23 Kneading the Brioche dough
4:03 What the Brioche Dough looks like after kneading
4:39 Folding Brioche Dough after first rest
5:31 End of Brioche Dough rise
6:00 Portioning the Brioche Dough into buns
6:26 Shaping the Brioche Dough into buns
7:00 Resting the Brioche buns
7:37 Egg wash on the Brioche buns and baking
8:00 Cooking Smash Burgers for the Brioche Burger Buns
10:27 Taste Testing the Smash Burger Brioche Burger Buns