This is my recipe for a lighter Spring chicken casserole, that's packed full of fresh flavours. Casseroles need not be just for the winter months, and with a few simple ingredients, you can get great results.
You can switch up some of the ingredients if you want to. You could use chicken breast portions, or maybe some diced lean pork with a drop of cider added in? Also, if you can get some fresh tarragon, that will work amazingly well in this light chicken casserole.
- ► 6 skinless chicken thighs
- ► 3 spring onions
- ► 2 medium sized carrots
- ► 400g of new potatoes
- ► 700-800ml of chicken stock
- ► 3 tbsp of plain (all purpose) flour
- ► About 1 tbsp of fresh dill or tarragon
- ► About 2 tbsp of freshly chopped parsley
- ► 150g of frozen peas
- ► 2 bay leaves
- ► Salt & pepper
- ► Oil for cooking
- Casserole recipes chicken