Added by Carina
- 2 Sticks | 1 Cup | 225g Butter
- 1 Cup | 125g Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 Cups | 375g Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 20-30 Hard Candies
- 2 Cups | 250g Icing Sugar | Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 tsp Milk
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and pale.
- Crack in the egg and add the vanilla and mix until well combined.
- In a clean bowl sieve the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet half at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- Divide the cookie dough in two and wrap with plastic wrap or greaseproof paper and place in the fridge to rest for at least a few hours.
- Roll the dough out to 1 cm thick or 1/3 of an inch.
- Cut the cookies out with the cookie cutters and place on a cookie sheet.
- Break the candies up with a hard object like a rolling pin and place about a teaspoon worth in the middle of each cookie.
- Place the cookies into a 180C | 350F oven for about 6-8 minutes or until they just start to brown on the edges.
- Leave the cookies to cool completely before icing.
- Christmas recipes for kids