Added by Serg
- ¾ cup strawberry compote
- 2 egg yolks
- Butter for greasing
- 2 tablespoons castor sugar + for coating
- 1½ teaspoons refined flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons fresh cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 egg whites
- Few drops lemon juice
- Strawberry slices for garnishing
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnishing
- Grease individual ramekin moulds with some butter. Coat each with castor sugar.
- Take egg yolks in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons castor sugar, refined flour and cornstarch and whisk well.
- Preheat oven at 180ºC.
- Heat milk in a non-stick pan. Add cream, mix and bring to a boil.
- Add some hot milk mixture to the egg mixture and whisk well. Add remaining milk mixture and whisk well.
- Transfer the egg-milk mixture back in the pan and keep whisking till the mixture thickens. Transfer into a bowl and refrigerate to chill.
- Add vanilla essence and strawberry compote to the egg-milk mixture and whisk well.
- Take egg whites in a bowl and beat. Add lemon juice and 1 tablespoon castor sugar and beat till stiff peaks are formed.
- Add beaten egg whites to the strawberry mixture and fold well.
- Transfer the strawberry mixture into the ramekin moulds, tap and clean the rim with your thumb.
- Place the moulds on a baking tray, put the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with strawberry slices and mint sprigs and serve immediately.