Added by Serg
Ingredients For Healthier Sugar Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients For the Yogurt Cream Cheese Frosting
- For Yogurt Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup low fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Toppings For The Fruit Pizza
- kiwi, sliced
- pineapple, sliced
- ¼ cup low sugar apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl beat butter, yogurt, and sugar with an electric until smooth.
- Add egg allowing it to blend into butter mixture.
- Beat in vanilla extract. Mix in flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Lightly grease a pizza pan and press the dough into the pan to form a thin and even cookie dough crust.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- While the cookie is still warm and soft cut out the shape of a skull.
- Let the cookie cool completely.
- In a medium bowl bring the cream cheese, yogurt, powdered sugar and vanilla together and whisk until smooth.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to thicken.
- Spread on the yogurt cream cheese frosting evenly on the giant skull cookie.
- Get creative and use the fruit to make your own Day of the Dead sugar skull design.
- Mix together the apricot preserves and water and pass the mixture through a sieve to remove lumps.
- Brush the mixture carefully onto the fruit only to give it a shiny glaze.
- Chill your skull fruit cookie cake in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- Fruit Pizza