Learn how to make Tariwala Chicken at home with Chef Smita on getting Curried.
A finger licking good dish, the authentic Punjabi style Chicken Tariwala is a chicken curry made with whole spices and a classic base of onions and tomatoes. Serve it along with tandoori roti and jeera rice for a simple weekday lunch.
The flavors and the aroma of the Tari rise in the house, making your mouth water. You can use either chicken or mutton to make this dish.
'Tari' meaning the flavorsome gravy in which the chicken is cooked. The consistency of this chicken curry is usually thin, besides the consistency of your curry is absolutely up to the person cooking.
Serve Chicken Tariwala Recipe on a lovely summer afternoon along with Jeera Rice, Pickled Onions, a wedge of lemon, green chili and Sweet & Spicy Coriander Tadka Raita- finger licking good meal.
Watch our video to Learn Tariwala Chicken at home, and don't forget to share your feedback in the comments section below.
Do watch the video to know more about Tariwala Chicken!
For Onion Paste
- 300 gms Onion (sliced & fried)
- 5 Green Cardamom (seeds)
- 5 Cloves
- 2 Black Cardamom (seeds)
- 1 Mace
- 1 Nutmeg (small)
- 1 tbsp Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 5 tbsp Oil
- 1 kg Chicken
- 1 tbsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Ginger Paste
- 300 gms Yogurt (beaten)
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seed Powder
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Kewra Essence
- let's start with Grinding the Onion (sliced & fried) with Green Cardamom (seeds), Cloves, Black Cardamom (seeds), Mace, Nutmeg (small), Pomegranate Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Cinnamon Stick.
- Next, grind it without using any water.
- Then heat up the Oil and fry the Chicken pieces (as shown in the video) on high flame. Next, add Garlic Paste, Ginger Paste now saute it for a minute.
- Then add Yogurt (beaten), Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric Powder, Coriander Seed Powder mix it all together. Now add Salt and close the lid to cook for 10 minutes in medium flame.
- After 10 minutes add ground Onion Paste, Water cover it again for 10 minutes till the chicken is done.
- After 10 minutes you can add Kewra Essence (optional) and your Tariwala Chicken is ready to serve.
- Chicken snacks