Added by Glen & Friends Cooking
Ikea released the recipe for its famous meatballs and the sauce. Is this really their secret meatball sauce recipe? Is this really the secret Ikea meatball recipe? Has Ikea really revealed their secret meatball sauce recipe?
- For the meatballs
- 500g (1 pound) beef mince
- 250g (½ pound) pork mince
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed or minced)
- 100g (175 mL) breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 75 mL (5 Tbsp) of whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the cream sauce
- dash of oil
- 40g butter
- 40g all-purpose flour
- 150 mL vegetable stock
- 150 mL of beef stock
- 150 mL thick double cream
- 10 mL (2 tsp) soy sauce
- 5 mL (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
For the meatballs
- Combine beef and pork mince and mix thoroughly to break up any lumps.
- Add finely chopped onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg and mix.
- Add milk and season well with salt and pepper.
- Shape mixture into small, round balls.
- Place on a clean plate, cover and store in the fridge for 2 hours (to help them hold their shape whilst cooking).
- In a frying pan, heat oil on medium heat.
- When hot, gently add your meatballs and brown on all sides.
- When browned, add to an ovenproof dish and cover.
- Place in a hot oven (180°C or 160°C fan) and cook for a further 30 minutes.
Swedish cream sauce
- In a frying pan, melt 40g of butter.
- Whisk in 40g of plain and continue cooking, stirring continuously, for 2 minutes, allowing the flour to cook through.
- Add 150ml of vegetable stock and 150ml of beef stock and continue to stir.
- Add 150ml thick double cream, 2 teaspoons of soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard. Bring to a simmer and allow the sauce to thicken.
- Continue to stir.
- When ready to eat, serve with your favorite potatoes – either creamy mash or mini new boiled potatoes.
- Meat dishes