Added by Cookist
The result will be a decadent mouthful of crisp pastry full of creamy vanilla custard!
- 200ml water
- 70g butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 140g flour
- 4 eggs
For the vanilla cream:
- 500ml milk
- 60g sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp rum
- 60g vanilla pudding powder
- 250g cream
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
- For the glaze:
- 160ml cream
- 200g chocolate
- 1 tbsp honey
- 60g hazelnuts
- 20g butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- In a medium saucepan heat the oil with water, sugar and a little salt.
- Add flour and mix until soft.
- Put the mixture into the bowl and add the eggs one by one to make the dough very soft.
- Put the dough in a pastry bag and make “sticks” on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C/375°F for 30 minutes.
- Keep the oven completely closed, otherwise, eclairs can "fall apart."
- Let the eclairs cool in the oven and remove them as soon as they cool off.
- Add 200 ml of milk, two egg yolks and vanilla to the pudding powder, mix and add everything to the pan, in which you have previously boiled 300 ml of milk with sugar and rum. Mix everything to form a creamy mass.
- Then remove the pan from the stove, cover it with plastic wrap and let it cool.
- Then transfer the cooled cream to a bowl, whisk with a mixer, and then gently add the whipped cream.
- Fill this with a bag with a long, thin and pointed spout.
- Create eclairs: Use a cream to fill Éclairs until the cream appears from the holes so that it is clear that the fillings are sufficient.
- Then dip the Éclairs surface in heated apricot jam and let it dry a little.
- Fry hazelnuts with butter and honey, chop it with a knife
- Boil the cream with honey and add the chopped chocolate.
- Let it dissolve and then mix.
- Dip the eclairs in chocolate to form a frosting.
Finally, decorate éclairs with chopped hazelnuts.