Added by Serg
- 2 cups (150 g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (6 g) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2.5 g) baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ¾ cups (450 mL) buttermilk
- ¼ cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely grated lemon zest
- 2 cups (250 g) fresh blueberries
- Butter, for greasing the pan
Maple syrup, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk the buttermilk, oil, eggs and lemon zest.
- Add this to the dry mixture and whisk just until blended, but a few lumps are still visible (this ensures you have not over-mixed the batter.)
- Preheat a griddle over medium-high heat and lightly grease the pan.
- Drop ladles of batter onto the skillet, fitting in as many as the pan fits without crowding.
- Sprinkle blueberries on top of each pancake, letting them sink gently into the batter without pressing.
- Cook the pancakes for 3-4 minutes, until bubbles begin to appear and the pancakes looks matte at the edges.
- Flip the pancakes and cook another 2-3 minutes before removing to a place.
- Continue until all of the batter has been used.
- Serve the pancakes immediately, with maple syrup.
8 pancakes or 4 servings
- Blueberry Pancakes