Added by The Toasted Pine Nut
You’ll love this easy One Skillet Fire Roasted Tomato Chicken! It’s the perfect flavorful dish for any day of the week! Yummy low carb + gluten-free recipe!
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 28 oz. Muir Glen fire-roasted whole tomatoes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 leaves sage, chopped
- 3 small/medium leaves lacinato kale, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In an ovenproof skillet, sauté the chopped onion and garlic in coconut oil for about five minutes over medium-high heat, until the onion begins to soften and brown.
- Add the chicken thighs, top side down and cook for 2 minutes.
- Use tongs to turn the chicken over and cook for another two minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove.
- Pour the entire can of Muir Glen Fire Roasted Whole Tomatoes into the pan.
- Add the cream, chopped sage, and chopped kale to the pan. Set aside. I didn’t stir everything together because I like the effect of some parts being more tomato-y and others more creamy.
- In your food processor, combine the pistachios, agave, and melted coconut oil. Process for about 30 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides with a spatula and process again for another 10 seconds.
- Clear the tops of the chicken of any leaves, and place a dollop of pistachio pesto on the top of each chicken thigh.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. If you want to brown the tops a bit more, broil on high for 1 and a half to 2 minutes.
- Tomato Soup