WATCH THIS video to learn top nutritional facts, medicinal values and health benefits of JUJUBE FRUIT.
Do you know Jujube fruit helps you in weight loss, acts as anti aging agent, cure body weakness and helps to boost your immunity. Read this article to learn more health benefits of Jujube fruit.
The yummy Jujubes! Yes, the delicious Jujube fruit originates from South Asia. Jujube is also known as red dates or Chinese date or Indian dates or Unnab in Arabic. There are 700 varieties found in China and about 40 in The USA. India cultivates 90 varieties of jujube (also known as bair fruit), which is grown in the north. Although they are called red dates, they are not actually related to dates.
Jujubes are rich with Vitamin C. They are said to be 20 times more effective than citrus fruits in strengthening the immune system and curing infections. They also contain a great amount of nutrients such as Vitamin A, magnesium, potassium, copper, niacin, calcium, manganese, phosphorus and iron.
Jujubes can also cure liver diseases and ailments related to the heart. They also stop the growth of tumors that lead to some kinds of cancer. Jujubes are very helpful for blood circulation and effectively control blood pressure. They also aid in treating anemia.
They are widely used to cure cough and cold. Stress and anxiety can also be overcome by consuming this fruit. If you suffer from insomnia, then Jujubes can help you to get a good night's sleep. Jujubes keep your teeth and bones strong. They also help prevent other bone related diseases. They are low in calories, hence they aid in weight loss. They also strengthen the digestive system and prevent constipation and diarrhea.
Jujube fruits are exceedingly beneficial for various skin problems like acne and eczema. The bair Jujube also help in reducing wrinkles and tighten the skin. Expecting mothers eat this fruit to get relief from nausea and abdominal pain. You can also use them in place of dates and apples in your dessert or as a sweetener in tea. The Chinese people use them to prepare wine as well. Jujube dates too can make your mouth water!
Nutrition Facts/Health Benefits of Jujube Fruits (Red Dates):
Jujube is a low calorie fruit that comes power-packed with nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. Here is a sneak peek into the top 10 Jujube benefits:
1. Powerhouse of Energy: Jujube is a good energy booster and it is good to get rid of fatigue. So boost your energy with this lovely fruit! So for getting body strength and cure weakness.
2. Strengthens Immune System: Jujube is rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, and potassium, which helps in strengthening immune system. So people suffering from nerve diseases, diabetes can get great benefit from this.
3. Calms Nervous System: The soothing effect of Jujube enables it to be used as a natural anti-depressant and sedative. The fruit is also ideal for easing anxiety and stress.
4. Healthy Digestive System: Along with promoting digestion, dry jujubes act as gentle laxatives. It also promotes appetite. If you are suffering from indigestion, irregular bowel movements, bloating and gas problems you must eat Jujube regularly.
5. Efficient Pumping of Blood: Niacin in jujube ensures effective and efficient pumping of blood.
6. Anti-Cancerous: The water extracted from Chinese dates has the potential to inhibit cancerous cells, especially the ones triggering leukemia.
7. Storehouse of Antioxidants: Jujube is a good source of antioxidants. It shields against liver injuries and cancer.
8. Controls Body Weight: Jujube’s low calorie values put together with negligible fat content makes them ideal for snacking. Jujube helps you in weight loss.
9. Healthy Teeth, Muscles & Bones: Presence of calcium and phosphorous in Jujube aids in strengthening bones and teeth.
10. Healthy & Younger Skin: Antioxidants present in Jujube makes it a natural anti-ageing agent, thus keeping your skin younger. The extracts are used as remedies for skin redness, sunburns, and dryness.
Go ahead and munch onto some Jujubes!