Added by Marion's Kitchen
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 x 200g beef rib eye steaks
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cucumber, halved, deseeded and sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large red chilli, finely sliced
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup sliced spring onion (scallions)
- steamed rice to serve (optional)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp shaved palm sugar or light brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp shaved palm sugar or brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Add the steaks and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- For the dressing, whisk together fish sauce, lime juice and sugar.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat. Cook steaks for 3-4 minutes each side (medium-rare) or until cooked to your liking. Remove the steaks from the heat and rest for 10 minutes before cutting into thin slices.
- Place the onion, cucumber, tomato, chilies, mint, spring onion and sliced steak in a large bowl. Add about half the dressing and mix. Taste and add more dressing if needed. Toss to combine. Serve with steamed rice (optional).
- Meat Salad