Added by Natasha.
- - 2 cups RAW CASHEWS, Soak in BOILED water for 5-10min
- - 1lb (16oz) Macaroni Noodles (I used the standard durum wheat pasta) +Sea salt for water
- - 1-2 Tbsp. Earth Balance Butter
- - 1 Shallot, diced
- - 1 Poblano Pepper, diced
- - 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- - 1 "Not chicken cube (Edward & Sons brand)
- - 2 tsp. Tapioca Starch + water to dissolve
- - Unsweetened Soy Milk (about 4-5 cups, did not measure)
- - 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
- - 1-2 tsp. Yellow Mustard
- - Garlic Salt to taste
- - Pico de Gallo Spice Mix (Found this at Stater Bros)
- - Black Pepper to taste
- - Panko Bread Crumbs (used about half packet)
- - Vegan Robs Dairy Free Cheddar Puffs (used half bag)
- - Go Veggie Vegan Parm (optional)
- - add more pico de gallo spice if you wish :)
- - For a healthier version, made without butter or added toppings. Instead, you can create a vegan parmesan with cashews, nutritional yeast, salt, and garlic powder.
- - For Gluten Free, use your favorite GF noodle and avoid toppings
- - You can add splashes of nondairy milk if it gets to thick after it sits or it is stored.
- - This recipe is even better when you bake it! Place in oven proof dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 10-20min until golden
- Healthy vegetarian recipes