Added by Serg
Vegetable Breakfast Casserole
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 5 vegetarian sausages, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup smoked gouda, grated
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and sausage. Saute, stirring often, until the veggies begin to soften and the mushrooms have released their moisture.
- Add the garlic and smoked paprika and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the baby spinach and toss it until it has wilted completely.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and pour the veggies into a well greased baking dish.
- In a bowl whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the veggies and top with shredded smoked gouda.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the eggs have set completely.
- Serve immediately.
- Casserole recipes vegetarian