Added by Artsy Cupcake
I recommend popping your mixing bowl for the frosting in the freezer while you are preparing the cupcakes. That way it will stay nice and cold and that whipped topping will keep longer.
Ingredients for the cupcakes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-2 peaches peeled, pitted & chopped
- 1 peach, sliced for garnish
- Red food coloring
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
Ingredients for the whipped topping
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
instructions for the cupcakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Next, you will cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and beat until well combined. Add vanilla then beat to combine. With the mixer on low speed, slowly pour in half & half then beat to combine.
- If you want to make your cupcakes peach-colored, add 1 drop at a time of red food coloring and then mix until you have the desired shade of peach.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix.
- Then add in the chopped peaches and fold into the batter by hand.
- Fill the muffin liners with about a tablespoon of batter and then add a little of the peach preserves on top. Then top with another tablespoon or so of batter to cover the preserves.
- Bake for around 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes rest in the muffin tins for 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
instructions for the whipped topping
- Add whipping cream, cinnamon, and vanilla to a chilled mixing bowl. Beat the mixture on medium speed while gradually adding the powdered sugar. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat until whipped cream can hold its shape, but is not lumpy about 2-3 minutes. You can adjust the amount of powdered sugar to make it thicker. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- When cupcakes are completely cool, scoop the whipped cream frosting into a piping or ziplock bag then pipe onto cupcakes. Top with a fresh peach slice and some cinnamon sugar, if you so desire. Store in the refrigerator.